Discussing your end of life plan is a very sensitive and difficult subject to approach and it’s one that we tend to avoid. Unfortunately, this is an unavoidable topic and when you choose to plan ahead, you create peace of mind for you and your family Morgan Oaks Eternal Preserve is here to help answer any questions you may have.
Where to Begin
Planning a loved ones funeral is overwhelming and the thought of planning this is daunting, but you are not alone in this. Morgan Oaks Eternal Preserve is here to support you throughout this and make this process one of healing, love, and life celebration. You can contact us at any time and we’ve also included some key information to get you started.
The following checklist will help you create your personalized plan.
- Gather personal information for the obituary.
- Choose a charity to direct donations to, if desired.
- Choose a funeral home.
- Make note of any instructions for your services and final disposition.
- Choose burial or cremation.
- Select a casket or cremation container.
- Choose types of services.
- Choose arrangements.
- Select which photographs and items you’d like to display.
- Consider any customs, traditions, or religious rites that are important.
- Choose the clothing to be dressed in.
- Select music and hymns, if desired.
- Choose a theme for decorations and stationery at the services.
- Arrange transportation for the physical remains and family.
- Choose a clergy member or officiator to preside over the service.
- Select any musicians whose talents you’d like to employ.
- Select pallbearers if necessary.
- Choose friends or family members to perform the eulogy, read scripture, or prepare a speech.
- Select a burial plot
- Select a memorial or grave marker and inscription.
- Choose casket or urn desired
Information You’ll Need
- Father’s name
- Mother’s maiden name
- Level of education
- Social security number
- Fraternal organizations
- Service organizations
- Union memberships
- Any special recognitions to note
Military Service Information
- Military service
- Branch rank
- Date of enlistment
- Date of discharge
- Name(s) of war/conflict(s) toured
- Serial number
There’s no need to make all the decisions right away. For personalized assistance in creating your plan, contact one of the experts at Morgan Oaks Eternal Preserve.
Why Choose Morgan Oaks
We are dedicated to protecting and restoring
We are a fraction of the cost compared to other
burial and scattering options.
We use urns and practices that are
non-pollutants to the earth.